I was tagged by Leigh and Poison yesterday and so I thought I would give this a try since I am new to this and would love to make more blogging friends. I will warn you that I am very outspoken sometimes, so if certain words or things offend you, well, I guess you can stop reading.
Now on with it!
11 Random Things
1. I am half Korean and was born in Seoul, South Korea.
2. I named my blog Half Chinked because growing up I was made fun of, ridiculed, bullied and harassed for being an Asian American. I was called a chink numerous times, so that is why I have decided to face it. Since I am only half Asian, Half Chinked fit for me.
3. I am the oldest of three, with a sister and a brother.
4. I was a single parent for awhile until I met my boyfriend.
5. I secretly hate my son's father. He is a deadbeat dad and has really done nothing to help raise our son.
6. I was actively involved with sports all the way to college. I played college basketball and was very good at volleyball and track during high school.
7. I want to build my own dream home. I have the land, now I just need the finances to build it during these crazy economic times.
8. I love to win. It comes from being a first born for sure and the athlete in me. I hate losing.
9. I am a reality TV junkie. I love the following shows: The Amazing Race, Biggest Loser, Survivor, Big Brother (my favorite), etc. I have about 25 shows that I actively DVR.
10. I am secretly in awe of Ina Garten. She is a food goddess and I wish she was my neighbor.
11. I love to cook!
Okay, that wasn't too terribly scary. Although I will have to do a separate post one day to explain the blog title more in depth. It's one of the main reasons why I am overweight. Moving on....
11 Random Questions for Leigh
1. What was your favorite food when you were a child?
This is easy. It would have to be kim pop. This is Korean style sushi, but as a kid, my mom would season the seaweed with sesame oil and salt. She would toast it over a flame so that it was crispy. Then she would make sticky rice and flavor it with sesame oil and soy sauce. This would go into the little squares of seaweed and she would fold them in half. Best thing ever! My son loves these also!
2. What is one of your favorite quotes?
One of my favorite quotes is, 'Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.'
3. What is your favorite body part?
My boobs. I love my boobs. Lol.... I warned you.
4. If you could stay a certain age forever, what age would it be and why?
I would stay 18 forever. I don't drink so I am not worried about the drinking age, but 18 was one of the best years of my life. I would love to stay that age.
5. If you could choose anyone, who would you pick as your mentor?
This one is hard. I love to do so many things, so it's hard to pick. I would have to say my current boss. He's amazing!
6. If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be?
I would love to meet my Korean grandfather and grandmother. My grandfather died when I was 2 years old and my grandmother is still alive living in Korea. I have not seen her since we left when I was almost 3 years old.
7. What celebrity do you get mistaken for?
That's funny. Margaret Cho during her heavier years. She's a Korean comedian. We have the same body type and same sense of humor. I think she's great.
8. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
That's easy. The name of this blog - Half Chinked.
9. What was the first thing you bought with your own money?
A car! It's really not the very first thing, but it's the first thing I bought and paid off by myself.
10. What was the last experience that made you a better person?
The last experience that made me a better person was when I burst into tears in front of my 16 year old son and told him I was tired. I was tired of being a parent by myself and for always feeling like the bad guy when it came to his dad. It was so much of a relief to let it all out. Poor kid. He took it well and was very encouraging. That experience changed my life. I am no longer feeling like I have to be Super Mom.
11. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
The Help. I saw it in the theater and was bawling within the first 10 minutes. Movies about people overcoming prejudices in their lives is inspiring and moving. I can totally relate.
11 Random Questions for Poison
1. What do you want done with your body after you die?
I have always wanted to be mummified. I know this sounds crazy, but it's fascinating to me. Besides, how would I know if my family actually did it for me after I am dead? It's not like I would be there to review the process.
2. Would you rather receive a practical gift you need or something silly that means something special?
I would choose a practical gift, something I could use. On the other hand, when I give gifts, I do the silly/special gifts.
3. How many pets do you have and what kinds?
None. And I am glad. Not a pet person at all. I do not like dogs and cats. Not as pets anyway.
4. If money weren't an issue, what would you buy?
I would hire a personal trainer and a chef. Does that sound lazy of me? hahaha.....
5. What is one thing you plan on doing before 2012 is over?
Accomplishing most of the goals I set for myself. You can check them out on the sidebar.
6. How did you spend your last birthday?
I spent it pigging out at our favorite Mexican restaurant. The one I have not been back to in over 3 months. Yay!
7. What are you hoping your next NSV will be?
I would like to curb some of my overeating habits. I tend to do this at night after dinner. I keep snacking sometimes and it will get the best of me. Need more self-control with that!
8. What is your favorite healthy snack?
Right now it's clementines and grapes! Yumm!
9. Do you like crunchy or creamy peanut butter?
I grew up on Peter Pan creamy, but I love the crunchy stuff. I love any kind of peanut butter!
10. Do you wear your shoes inside your house?
Absolutely not! Cardinal Rule #1 of a Korean household - shoes come off at the front or back door!!!
11. What kind of car do you drive?
In my dreams I drive a Mercedes SUV, but in real life I drive a Hyundai Sonata (Korean-made of course).
Wow. That felt good. Those were some awesome questions! I am suppose to tag 11 people, but I don't even know 11, so I have chosen to skip that part. Once I get to know more bloggers, I would love to participate more. I do hope I haven't scared anyone off. I have had a good life, but some parts I wish I did not have to go thru. But it makes us who we are.
I'll check you out later!